Tuesday, December 2, 2014

This week has been pretty great! I am sorry, I am fasting and a little emotionally, spiritually and physically tired, so I will try to make this a good email. If not, I apologize!

This week we have had a few opportunities to do service, that mostly involve setting up Christmas decorations. So far my count for Christmas tree set up is: two 5-ft, four 8-ft, and one 18-ft! We have helped put up so many decorations and trees that that I am thinking of making it into a business once I get home ;) 

This week was also a really cool chance I feel to exercise my Member missionary work skills. So, we have been helping this family with service for a while, but they do not respond well to an up-front "This is the gospel and our message" approach that is generally used in tracting. So, we have been helping them with stuff around their house, and this last week the Dad started to soften up. We showed him how much we care for him and his family, and then he started to care about us! He asked us some great questions, and I was just able to answer his questions, but still lead him along. It is just the best feeling, because this is what I will be doing for the rest of my life, and it worked out pretty well! He and his family are now open to more conversations, and we are excited about this progress!

We had Thanksgiving at the Wadsworth home, which is the family of one of the Ward Missionaries, Brother Wadsworth. We had a great time, and it was so beautiful. We shared a message about the Atonement of Jesus Christ, and also about #heisthegift. We are so excited about this initiative and have been trying to share it as much as we can!

We had a great lesson with Margi yesterday, and talked to her about joining the Church. She has made her official decision, and the only thing now is that she is nervous if she can live the Word of Wisdom for three weeks in a row. She just feels bad refusing coffee and alcohol people give her in public, and I agree- it can be a hard transition! So we are fasting with her today for her to have the strength to go that length of time, and receive an answer to the question, "Should I be baptized on Dec 20th?" by the day of Dec 6th. We like setting deadlines, because it shows our faith and effort to the Lord!

I think I have previously mentioned Paul Bateman or his family in my previous emails, and they are just the best family! Paul leaves for Japan tomorrow, and had his Farewell on Sunday. He did such a great job! It was also about Tithing, which was a bit of a miracle because it was also something Margi was trying to get an answer about! Hurrah! The Lord is in the details :) We are sad that Paul is leaving but know he will be doing great things in Japan!

Today we were able to go to the Temple, and it was a great experience. I had to search for 30 min to find a family name to take, but I found one! It was so good to be able to attend the temple, and I just love it there. 

I love being on a Mission and I love being in Snoqualmie! I hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment