Saturday, September 13, 2014

Well, yesterday was quite a surprise!

I was just doing my thing, minding my own business at lunch when the Assistants called and told Sister Mills and I that our Outbound Assignments had just barely come in, and that we would be meeting at the Seventies Hall (the first MTC) with all of the Sisters so they could all participate. 

I have been trying to put my Outbound Assignment out of my mind because....well... I don't want to go! I have loved being in Nauvoo so much and the thought of leaving this place and leaving my Sisters and the Seniors is just too much to bear. However, I know that this is Heavenly Father's will, and the fact that I am leaving will make me appreciate the time I am here even more. 

So, at 7:30 all of the Sister Missionaries and a few Senior Missionaries met at the Seventies Hall with our Mission President. The Assistants and President gave us a few words of wisdom, and then told us where we were going.

So the Sisters that were getting our calls is the original trio: Sister Etherington, Sister Munro and myself! We have been best friends since the MTC, and we have loved being so close together this past year. So it is fitting that we got our Outbound Assignments at the same time, together!


Sister Etherington's first Outbound was in the Iowa Des Moines Mission, and served in a little town called Lamoni in Iowa. Lamoni is a college town for a Community of Christ University. (Community of Christ was formerly known as RLDS, a break-off from the Church). She got her second Outbound Assignment to Ventura, California!!

Sister Munro served her first Outbound in the Texas Fort Worth Mission in a little town called Venus and worked with a Ward there. She got her second Outbound Assignment to Jacksonville, Florida! She is just meant for the South! :)

Well now we get to me....... *drumroll*..... as you all know I served my first Outbound in the Idaho Pocatello Mission, three months in Rigby and three months in Rexburg. I have such fond memories from those Areas. Well, for my second Outbound Assignment, Heavenly Father is sending me back out West- 

to the WASHINGTON SEATTLE MISSION!!!!!!! 

I am so excited! I am thrilled to be able to go to Washington! I looked up the Mission Boundaries and it is actually pretty small- mostly the city of Seattle and the surrounding cities/suburbs. There is a little part of rural Washington, but only a little bit. It looks like there are three or four other missions in Washington that cover the other parts, so during my three months in the Washington Seattle Mission I will be close to Seattle!

If you want to look at the mission boundaries (or really any other mission boundaries too) just go to lds.org and log into your account, then go to maps. Missions should show up as an option on the left-hand side, and you can look at all of the missions in the world!

I am so excited for this next chapter of my mission, but it will be bittersweet to leave. I have loved Nauvoo so much, but I know that I am meant to go to Seattle. So, the outline of my Mission will be:

Nauvoo- 3 months
Pocatello Mission- 6 months
Nauvoo- 6 months
Seattle Mission- 3 months

That's all for now! President gave us a few minutes to email everyone the good news, and my time is now but later on today Sister Etherington will email the video of us getting our calls, and hopefully that can be put up on my blog so everyone can see it. 

Have a great week! I will talk to you guys next Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment