Saturday, September 13, 2014

Sorry, this is going to be really short! I was working on school stuff, but I still want to send this out so I will remember this week!
This week has been awesome! Had some great teaching time with a recent convert who I met on Pageant grounds. She now goes to BYU and is truly incredible. She has a wonderful testimony, and shared with me her conversion story. I felt like I have learned so much from her, and I am continually impressed with her desire to do good! 

I gave a tour to three blind people of the women's garden. The Women's Garden is full of statues of women in different phases of their lives, and it was beautiful to see the way they felt the art, and responded to my reading the scriptures that were associated with them. Two of them were non-members and really enjoyed it!

On Satuday, two little girls who's first language is French just attached themselves to me for two and a half hours. Their names were Melanie (5) and Lorena(3). They were always holding my hand, wanting me to play with them, or watch them do something! It was very cute! I actually really liked it, and when they left, Melanie looked up at me in the eyes and said in her cute little french accent, "Promise that you won't forget me!!!" Oh my heart melted, it was so cute!

Sister Mills and I independently felt like we needed to stop by the local ice cream shop on Saturday night during weekly planning. Funny, neither one of us wanted some but felt like we needed to be there. Ended up meeting a man that is going through a divorce and teaching him a very spiritual lesson, right there in the middle of the shop. Really wonderful experience

Had Zone Conference last night, it was all about marriage, and divorce. Interesting, and also gained a lot of insight for what I want my eternal marriage to be like.

Sister Mills is a doll, and I love her a lot. 

It was a great week! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment