Monday, October 14, 2013

So I am stationed in Rigby, Idaho with an awesome companion Sister Hendertilo! First off, I never expected Idaho to be this awesome. We do all of our finding through members, and we literally spend all of our time teaching investigators. We teach over 30 lessons a week (a lot!) and already have three baptismal dates for the end of the month. It feels awesome to be so productive! 
The members are amazing. I am over four wards, and we have a dinner appointment every night, and everyone is so generous to us. I really do feel like I am getting spoiled! And I love it :) 
Sister Hendertilo is from Chino, CA and is such a SoCal girl, accent and all. I like to tease her about it sometimes! We get along really well and are effective at teaching together. 
Yes, I am freezing, but this sweet member gave me her old winter coat, and it works really well! Whenever people hear that I am freezing right now, they always laugh and say that it will only get worse. Yipee. I have found though that thermal tights are my best friend. Boots also help a lot :)
I am in a walking area, which is actually kind of nice to figure out the area and everything like that. It is kind of big though, so when we get appointments out in the middle of the boonies we have to schedule at least an hour of walking time. I am getting in good shape though! 
So my district is..... wonderful. Interesting, but wonderful. I just naturally wouldn't hang out with a bunch of 18 and 19 year old boys, but on the upside their antics are very entertaining. They like to write songs about our district, and it's amusing. 
This last Saturday we went to a baptism for a girl named Milika. She was such a sweetheart and so loving. She came up to me and said, "Are you my new missionary?". She just kept on hugging me and introducing me to her extended family. What a sweetheart!
Oh, also, something that is very big. THANK YOU FOR MAKING ME TAKE PIANO! I have had to accompany three or four times since I have been here, and it is always at the drop of the hat. I've gotten pretty decent at sight-reading hymns, and I am glad that I can help with this service. 
I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment